Tuesday 27 March 2007

What a blog hog!

Three posts in one day! My friends are going to be accusing me of being a blog hog! Anyway, we had an early dinner today, so here's a photo...


Three salads....green, potato and lentil. The potato salad was really easy - just cooked and cooled potatoes mixed with bought vegan "mayonnaise" (Vegenaise). I used organic russets, but Yukon Gold would be better for holding together. And I would have added chunks of raw garlic if I hadn't been going to a Taekwondo class straight afterwards! And I like fresh parsley too, but the kids don't, so I left it out.

The warm lentil salad is a recipe passed on by my mum-in-law, who I believe found it on the label of a can of lentils! Here's the recipe...

Saute one onion, chopped up small, in olive oil until soft. Add brown lentils (one large can, drained, or cook your own), 2 tablespoons chopped green olives, 2 tablespoons capers, 2 tablespoons fresh parsley and three tablespoons of good vinegar. Bring to boil, stirring, take it off the heat and serve warm. If you're using home-cooked lentils, add some seasalt.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Wow! Another gorgeous, healthy veggie meal. Thanks for the inspiration, Nicola.