Friday 17 August 2007

Zucchini and Tomatoes...

Here's a shot of a pasta salad that I've been making fairly often since Heather has been sharing her zucchini abundance...

I usually grate the zucchini along with the carrots, but thought that by slicing them it would make it easier for you to spot them in this salad ;o) A very simple salad to make and you could easily add whatever veggies you prefer along with the chickpeas & pasta. The dressing is made from red wine vinegar and olive oil with rosemary, basil, oregano, dry mustard and pepper for seasoning. I also added some grated parmesan cheese, but again this is optional.
This yummy chocolate cake (my birthday cake, actually!) is made with pureed tomatoes along with whole wheat flour, coconut oil and maple syrup. The original recipe was from a children's book and I have substituted and changed ingredient amounts (as I tend to do once I'm familiar with a recipe). Anyways it's delicious and great way to use up excess tomatoes ;o)

1 comment:

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

What a cool idea 4 of you having a little bloggy community!! and from BC too...thanks for popping by!
Ang