Wednesday 20 June 2007

More Nature

My hubby and I decided to go mtn. biking last evening. We are fortunate to live close enough to be able to bike from our home up into the hills and some lovely bike trails. One of the best things about this time of the year is the abundance of wild flowers that are in bloom. My personal favourites are shown in the following photo. The scent of the wild roses is absolutely intoxicating sweetness. Ahhhhh...

Here is a shot I just managed to catch of a doe. Can you see her hiding? My husband was further ahead on the trail which clings to the side of a steep grade and while he cruised along he startled this creature down the in the valley to run towards the direction we had biked from. She came bounding along and I barely managed to extract my camera from the pack in time. Thankfully, she finally stopped to take a look back at me and I got this photo.
Here's my man as we pause for the homeward descent after a great ride. I never tire of looking out onto Okanagan Lake from the vantage point of the hills. It's just so beautiful.
I'm always so happy when we take the time to get outdoors for a bit of exercise. The beauty of where we live in the world often just takes my breath away.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wow! Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I've been enjoying yours for a while now!

Katherine said...

Thanks, Roxanne! I am very thankful to be living in such a beautiful place.
I'm also glad to hear from you - I've been following your blog for awhile now and enjoying your creativity.