Saturday 18 August 2007

Keeping busy


I went over to Heather's yesterday and relieved her plum tree of a large quantity of its fruit. The plums are so sweet and juicy, I can't get enough of them. I used some of them today in this Asian Plum Sauce.


Last night I spent a couple of hours playing with beads and wire. The result was 27 stitch markers in three different sizes. If you like the look of these and think you might like to actually own them, keep checking back to the blog over the next few weeks because we four are planning something.......

Today was spent doing lots of shopping and errands. We went downtown to get our passport photos taken. We've decided to get Canadian passports for the first time. Two of the boys were born here, but husband, eldest son and I acquired our citizenship about 8 years ago. Our British passports are out of date and we're planning a trip back to Jersey to see the family next year.

We bought lots of fresh fruit and veg today. Eldest son has been feeling a bit blah lately and feels that a week of raw food is what he needs. R and I are quite happy to fall in with that plan and even the two smalls seem OK with it. We'll see how it goes as the week goes by! Dear husband reminded me that it's my birthday this week and I won't be able to have birthday cake, but I don't care about that. I'll wait for the weekend and eat some chocolate then!

No comments: