Sunday, 11 November 2007
Scarf in a day
This is the first completed project to fly its way off my new knitting machine! Sorry about the crappy photo but it's evening and it was in the kitchen. Can you tell it's supposed to be a Slytherin scarf? It's a very dark green paired with a light grey.
It took less time to knit this than it did to finish it off! I think it took about an hour to knit on the machine. I used some waste yarn to work 4 rows at each end so that I could transfer the stitches to a knitting needle and bind off in the usual way. I don't like the way that the cast on and bind off edges look when they are done on the machine. After binding off, I sewed up the seam and added the fringe and it's done!
My dear husband tried it on and asked for one for himself - though plain, not striped. The yarn is Bernat Satin and it's nice and soft and the scarf has a pleasant weight to it, being double thickness.
Since I finished knitting on the machine, 9 year old S has been having fun knitting his own projects with some of my leftover yarn.