Saturday, 12 January 2008
"Quant" is finished
I learned a few things when knitting this headband. One: entrelac is not something I want to knit too often - too much fiddling around with picking up stitches and short rows. Two: lots of short rows combined with long straight needles combined with a knitted blanket on your lap is a recipe for annoyance. That's why I used the "knitting back backwards" technique so that when I purled back I didn't have to turn the work. Three: I like small projects that are finished quickly!
I didn't make it quite as long as the pattern suggested, as I wanted the wearer to stretch it out around her head to tie it, which will smooth out the entrelac. If this was wool, I expect one could block it flatter, but this is Bernat Softee Chunky acrylic, so it won't block.
I have made some progress on the Tomten Jacket, but it's a rather unexciting rectangle of garter stitch, so I will post a photo later when it starts to look more interesting.