Tuesday 22 January 2008

Yarn in the mail!


I just love getting yarn in the mail, though as it had to come over the border from the US, I was stuck with a customs handling charge plus GST. Sigh!

This is Tatamy Tweed Worsted (teal) from Kraemer Yarns. Their website isn't really set up for orders outside the US, so I had to call them (oh yeah, their 1 800 number didn't work for me here in Canada either, so I had to pay for the call) but I'm glad to say that 8 skeins have safely arrived ready for me to knit a Sunrise Circle Jacket.

The yarn is 40% cotton, 60% acrylic, and feels very cottony and soft.

For some mysterious reason, I can't seem to find the pattern to link to, but it was a free pattern from Interweave Knits. Yarn Harlot knitted one and if you look here and scroll down you will see her wearing it. There are probably hundreds on Ravelry if you're a member.

This is the progress on the Holding Hands Mittens....

one regular mitten done (black with red stripes) and one more to make (red with black stripes) and then a sort of double mitten with two cuffs that will be worn by a happy couple out for a walk together! The pattern is here. Even though I went down a needle size, it's still a very roomy mitten (I suppose they had to be sized to fit men's hands) and I'm not sure that I like a loose cuff.

The question is....can I focus on finishing these mittens before I get distracted by the teal tweed?

4 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

Oooh, I bet the Sunrise Circle Jacket will look beautiful in that yarn. I love Tatamy Tweed and am about to start a Cobblestone Pullover in that yarn.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicola said...

I'm glad to hear you like the yarn. It's my first time with it, having heard about it on Cass's blog (Shut Up I'm Counting).

Katherine said...

Mmmmm... that yarn is yummy looking! Great colour for you too, Nicola. Can't wait to see this beauty finished, and knowing your skills, I shouldn't have too long to wait.