Thursday 21 August 2008

Shades of green

After finishing my first quilt, I excitedly jumped head first into my next quilt. Within a week, I had completed the quilt top. I am now at the quilting part and quite pleased with my progress. (Yes, I am totally hooked on quilting now.) I would love to share pictures but it's for a gift (go 'Quilt Girl') and I can't risk the small chance that the receiver might see it here and that would completely blow the surprise... But I do plan to post pictures after giving the gift.

In the meantime, I will share a small rainbow of fabrics with green in them:

They will be chopped up and a quilt will be created from them. I plan to venture away from my usual big squares. A little bit. Maybe.

I have been creating a small quilting stash by hitting the remnants bin in our local fabric store. I usually find a couple of good ones and they are always on a buy one get one free sale, so I've been managing to get 1-2 metres of fabrics for 2 -3 dollars. There is always an interesting blend of colours and fabrics in the basket (which is the first place I head for in the store). I can only imagine how much fabric I would have if I worked there - yikes!

1 comment:

Louise said...

I really like these greens, even though I wouldn't know what to do with them. My needlework talents go as far as making jam pot covers! Do pop over to my home blog to pick up an award for all three of you girls. x