Thursday 18 January 2007

<--- A Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookie and A Delish Date Square

This week I’ve been experimenting with recipes from Vive Le Vegan by Dreena Burton. All of the recipes I’ve tried from her book have been very good. She has wheat free alternatives for those of us avoiding wheat and her desserts are very low sugar (often calling for maple syrup as a sweetener) Today I made her Homestyle Chocolate chip cookies and they got thumbs up from my whole family. I even halved the 1/4 cup of sugar the recipe called for and I added pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and hemp seed nuts . I’m still working my way through her recipes but other ones we’ve enjoyed are her Delish Date Squares, Lemon Rosemary Potatoes, Energy Cookies, and Omega Ketchup. You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy the recipes in this cookbook - I would recommend it to everyone.
Today we had the biggest snow fall in the history of mankind. I think I’ll be buying the weatherman a measuring tape because 5-10 cm were predicted and I’m pretty sure I shoveled at least that each of the four times I had to shovel. The piles of snow by the side of our driveway are taller then my son. After all that shoveling, I’m sure I could kick some butt in an arm wresting contest - as soon as I can lift my arms that is.

No comments: