Tuesday 30 January 2007

More knitting















I love my Denise Interchangeable Needle set. I used a short cable for the sleeves and now I'm using a longer one for the body, with the same #7 tips of course. And while the sleeves are waiting to be united with the body at the underarms, I have left the stitches on some cables from the set with the black "buttons" on the ends.

Yesterday I cast on 180 stitches for the body and knitted three inches of ribbing, increasing in the last round to 200. I am hoping that my stockinette/stocking stitch gauge will average out to 5 stitches to the inch - it seems to me that the yarn varies a little in thickness, depending on which colour is wrapped around the grey, so I shall knit on and check my gauge again after the first couple of inches of st st.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

From the way your sweater is progressing, I'm hoping we'll get to see it finished within the next week. How exciting! With the ease of this type of pattern and the handiness of the Denise needles, I may even venture to attempt a sweater. Thanks for the inspiration, Nicola.