Just because I feel like it, I thought I'd post the following list - I am sure that I could think of many more, but when I reached ten I decided I'd stop there and start on a "what makes me happy" list - just for balance!
1. The word "gotten".....I HATE this word, it's an American aberration, and as far as I am concerned it should not exist.
2. Morning radio presenters telling me that it's sunny and I have to wear my sunglasses and sunblock. (a) I will not be told what to wear and (b) sunlight is GOOD for you.
3. Apostrophes in the wrong place - gah!
4. Telemarketers ('nuff said).
5. The neighbours' dogs barking at me when I venture out into my own back yard. It's MY yard, dammit, and I'll go empty my compost bucket ANY time I want, so SHUT UP!
6. Children making themselves a snack and leaving everything out, lids off, crumbs everywhere, etc etc blah blah.
7. Being kept waiting when I have an appointment - MY time is just as valuable as anybody else's.
8. People knocking on the front door when there's a perfectly good doorbell.
9. My mum telling me "don't overdo it" when I tell her I am weight-training. What, does she think I'm going to go straight into a killing routine without working up to it? I'm an adult, for crying out loud, and I know my body's limits.
10. People parking in the road when there's room for ten cars in the driveway!
OK, Katherine, Samantha and Heather, it's your turn. I want to hear what your pet peeves are. I shall go away now and make my "happy" list.