Sunday 19 August 2007

Heart Quilt Complete

I finally managed to get the finish work done on my quilt today while it rained. My original intention for making this scrappy quilt was a gift. However, as I kept raiding my scrap basket for various fabrics I realized that this quilt was becoming a memory quilt for me instead. There are fabrics from my great-grandma, my grandma and from gifts I've sewn for loved ones all finding their way into this quilt. Good memories flood me as I recognize each fabric and its story in my own life. I think that is part of the magic and beauty of quilting.




3 comments:

Nicola said...

What a beautiful quilt. I wouldn't want to part with it if it were mine, either!

Roxanne said...

It looks amazing! Your own story out of fabric - I love it!! Definitely a keeper :)

Samantha said...

Katherine, your quilt looks beautiful!! Now I feel even more motivated to get quilting!! Care for a trip to the fabric store? ;o)