Friday 10 August 2007

Vegan Pal questionnaire

I am participating in the Vegan Pal Magic Ball swap, so here are my answers to the questions so my secret pal has an idea of what to send me.

1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?

Knitting. I learned as a child and have picked up the needles at various times in my life. The last couple of years I have been knitting pretty intensively.

2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?

Vegan (no honey, minimal gluten and soy)

3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?

First time. I am very excited about participating and am looking forward to putting together a parcel and receiving goodies in the mail.

4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?

Depends. Whenever I play a board game, I always choose the yellow piece, but I usually wear warm colours, muted reds, rust, cinnamon, chocolate. When it comes to yarn, I prefer subtle tones rather than brights. I dislike army camouflage and baby pastels.

5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?

Obviously I avoid animal fibres. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke.

6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?

No

7. Do you collect anything?

No, I try to keep clutter out...unless it’s something I really need for my knitting.

8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)

I love chocolate (dark and organic preferably). Indian and Oriental cooking.

9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)

I like most flavours - sweet desserts, salty dips like olive tapenade, salt and pepper potato chips, chocolate, spicy curries, stir fries, chickpeas, rice, fresh fruit and salads.

I feel better when I avoid soy and wheat. I definitely don't want to eat artificial colours and flavours or hydrogenated fats. And I don't like licorice.

10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)

I have many many knitting needles - a Denise set, a straight set, lots of circulars and double pointeds. I also have plenty of stitch markers, both beaded ones that I made myself and plastic ring ones. What I DON’T have is much yarn. I don’t have a stash, usually buying what I need as I go, so I’d be happy to receive yarn.

11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?

No

12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?

I’m 45, married, mum of three boys who learn at home. When I’m not busy with the kids, I’m knitting, reading, meeting up with my homeschool support group friends or kicking butt at Taekwondo.

13. What scents do you like/dislike?

I have an aversion to any scent that is too overpowering. I don’t wear perfume or use any scented products in my laundry. I prefer things to smell natural.

14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?

Fall

15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.

The last couple of years, some friends, my family and I have celebrated Samhain instead of Halloween. We have enjoyed good food, a fire and various rituals celebrating this pagan tradition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope we make your first swap a great one! Thanks for joining.