Here's the book and the actual project in the book that inspired me.
This is the vintage tablecloth made of linen, which I love. Sadly there is at least a half dozen randomly placed holes in it, meaning it was time to give the tablecloth a new lease on life. (Yep, out came my scissors!)
Voila! The tote made from thrifted cotton ticking for the lining, pleats and straps and the vibrant linen tablecloth for the main bits.
Now, I did try to make the straps according to Amy's instructions... but my linen was just too soft to make the narrow pressed straps, so I did some "bending of the rules sewing". The other noticeable change is on the interior pocket of my tote. I decided to add contrast to the top of the pocket instead of just hemming it.
Even though my tote is lined I realized too late that my linen isn't as crisp as the one Amy used for hers, so my tote is rather floppy :o( Ah, well, a learning experience, I reckon.