Tuesday 27 November 2007

A great start to the day


I woke earlier than usual this morning, so rather than doze off again I went and made myself a cup of rooibos tea and brought it back to bed with a stack of knitting books. I spent a pleasant hour and a half looking through the books - some from the library, some my own - and also took the opportunity to crochet some ties onto my cushion cover to finish it off.


This was a good haul of knitting books from the library, some of which I hadn't seen before.



And this is the finished cushion cover, stuffed with my patchwork blanket. One side I made as a "log cabin" block, which entailed a lot of binding off and rehanging on the machine to complete. I was pleased that the technique worked, as I was making it up as I went along. The other side is just stripes, as I had used up nearly all of the yarn by that time! I think I actually prefer the reverse of the striped square, but by the time the thought occurred to me, I had already starting sewing the squares together.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'd like a sweater like that striped pillow, it would go with everything. Very nice.

Katherine said...

I agree. A perfect start to the day! Wow! Your patchwork blanket now has a lovely home inside the knitted cushion cover for when it's not being snuggled. Very clever.

Louise said...

Hi Nicola, nice to have a bit of 'me' time, I daresay it doesn't happen that often, although you put it to good use, another lovely knit well and truly finished, how many items do you make and finish in a day?

Louise said...

Hi again Nicola, I am sitting here being blasted with Snow Patrol which John has put on the computer. I thought of you when I thought of snow, have you got any where you live? Regarding the polls, all you have to do is to click on Customise which is a header at the top of the blog, click on Add a Page Element, Poll New will appear as one of the options, click on Add to Blog, create the question you want to ask and give some suggestions for answers, then click Save. I keep meaning to look up your Rooibos tea, I really must do that when I have a spare moment! x