Monday 14 April 2008

Moon and stars

Last night I was in bed reading Gardening With Heirloom Seeds when I saw a picture of the Moon and Stars watermelon. As soon as I saw it I knew that E would want it. He had already started some watermelon inside but I thought if he knew about this kind he would gladly pass his seedlings off to his Grandma. I showed him the picture this morning and he could not wait to order it. What a gorgeous melon, and since E is the king of watermelon growing in our family, he should have no troubles with it.
I love the name Moon and Stars too. Do you remember in the film of The Indian in the Cupboard when the cowboy (David Keith, ahem) says that children are the moon and the stars? What a lovely saying. And what a cool looking watermelon.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

I've never seen those before. I look forward to seeing the real thing in your garden this summer.

affectioknit2 said...

Ohhh! I love that watermelon - I know the Man-Cub will love them too - we'll have to get some - what a sweet name...