Monday 16 June 2008

Snacks

Last week I was talking to a friend on the phone when E came in for a snack. I saw him take an orange (I had bought him some because I thought he was getting a cold) and disappear back outside. When I looked out later I saw this(lambsquarter, johnny jump up and chamomile petals, dill, currants, strawberry and dateball)

and watched as he made this
to roll up and eat. Yes, those are very unripe currants - they are, in fact, black currants, so you can imagine how much ripening they have to do to get from that hard green berry to the dark, almost black, purple berry they will become. But how can you complain when your kids likes fruit so much that he can't even wait for it to ripen?

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Wow, good for E to have some an awesome variety in his diet. Lovely presentation too. Could we be witnessing the next Jamie Oliver? ;-)

Mary-Sue said...

Jamie Oliver? Perhaps. I think he's a soulmate to William Copperthwaite and can totally see Evan going down to spend some time with him in the next few years...