Monday 1 December 2008

Snow day and first snowman of the year

Many of you know that our friend Katherine moved away from us this past Summer. She moved to a somewhat colder climate and so a few weeks ago when it snowed there I, being the kind of friend that I am, thought that I should send her this little clip to tease her a bit about the snow. (Us Okanaganites like to brag relentlessly about our weather, doncha know)



And Katherine, being the much nicer person that she is, wrote back to thank me for a little treat of Elvis. ;-) My teasing didn't phase her one bit. It snowed here on Friday - gorgeous flakes of soft snow that my boys loved. I took some photos to share with Katherine and wondered if she would be sending me a dose of my own back now that we had snow too. I'm not sure that my roses will recover as we have colder temperatures forecasted for this week. All of a sudden it really feels like winter.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow! Look at all the snow!!!! I guess I should post photos of what it looks like here so you can envy me for a change. We don't have as much snow as you - actually most of our lawn is flake free and making a snowman would be impossible.
***I will be careful not to tease you too much as I know how this 'no-snow for us' situation could change rather quickly.

Samantha said...

Wow, what a difference a few days makes! All the snow is gone and the sun is shining again. But I'm not going to tease myself into thinking winter is over - that was just a teaser to what is coming I'm sure :-)