Tuesday 13 February 2007

Here Comes the Sun....

Sing it with me.....



Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darlin' it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Little darlin' I feel the ice is slowly meltin'
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been clear
Here come the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Here come the sun, here comes the sun
It's all right, it's all right (George Harrison)

And it really is all right, it has been about 3 months since we have had the sun at our home and today was the long awaited day.....
After singing Sunshine On My Shoulders (really badly, sorry John!) for quite a while I took pity on the boys and we listened to Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles instead. As much as I would rather we had the sun shining all year at our house, I have to say that we have developed a huge, huge appreciation for it in the years we have lived here. We know when it will disappear, when it will come back and at about what time and for how long in the beginning. We miss it while it is gone and are thrilled when it comes back. Now I just need to clean the outside of my windows. ;-)



2 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm so happy you got your sunshine back! Even I appreciate the days when sunshine is peeking through my filthy windows. Always seems to make for a happier day.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you wrote out the words to this song. For some reason, it is the one I want played at my funeral.

Jorie