Friday 9 March 2007

Spring is Sprung


Spring is sprung
The grass is riz
I wonder where the boidies is

The boid is on the wing
But that's absoid
The wing is on the boid!

Just a little poem that my mum always used to come out with - I feel it my duty to pass these nuggets of wisdom on to my own children!!!

Actually, I do think that Spring really is here - the sun is shining, the pruning man is in my yard (unlike Heather, I pay someone to do my pruning), I have all my windows open to finally clear the stale winter air from the house, and I am eagerly anticipating the return of green leaves to my fruit trees, although not the yardwork that Spring brings with it!

Above is the view from my back deck - bare walnut branches soon to be refoliated (is that a word?). And below....yes, my cotton fibre has arrived! No mystery what I will be doing later today...

1 comment:

Samantha said...

That was fast! It's so lovely looking...
I've been out doing my yardwork today as well. I don't mind it so much, it's cutting the lawn that I despise.