Wednesday 25 July 2007

Beach day


Yesterday marked the two weeks "anniversary" of my hospital visit and I was determined to get out and meet my homelearning friends! Lots of people showed up (the picture shows just some of them), some husbands came too for supper and a swim, we had live musical entertainment laid on by the city, twin babies to hold and a good time was had by all.

Thinking back to two weeks ago, I am pleased that I have made such progress since then. Last Saturday, I walked the short distance to the Post Office. On Sunday, I did one sit-up, just to see how it felt (hurt a bit)! I took a 25 minute walk around the neighbourhood, which felt fine. Yesterday I managed five sit-ups and a sun salutation, but I think that the stretching involved in that made it difficult to do and I felt a bit shaky afterwards. What a comedown! Anyway, the drive to the beach was fine and I made sure the boys carried most of the stuff that we brought.

I stayed up late last night reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and all I'm going to say is that I'm mostly pleased with how things turned out!

This morning, my tummy hurts and I'm not going to do much of anything. I cancelled a dentist appointment because I didn't want to drive again today so it's easy to guess how the day will be spent - reading Harry Potter to the two younger boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sure was a fun afternoon. I am very glad, for once, that I am not the one eating in the photo. This is truly a first....

Amanda