Sunday 29 July 2007

Home-made toothpaste and moisturizer

Since reading Ecoholic, I've been thinking of ways to get away from commercial products, partly to cut down on packaging but primarily to avoid parabens and other questionable chemicals.


I made this "toothpaste" as an experiment - a tablespoon of seasalt, a tablespoon of baking soda, 10 drops of peppermint oil and a little water. It's really salty but seems to work OK.







I found a very simple recipe on this site for a moisturizer - one part vegetable glycerin, four parts aloe vera gel. I put it in a jar and shook it to mix. I will be trying it on my face and seeing how it feels - aloe vera on its own usually feels too dry for me, but the addition of the glycerin will hopefully do the trick without making me break out.

No comments: