Sunday 23 December 2007

Snow fort

We were out shovelling our driveway again today - I started building a snowman, but soon gave up.....I was getting cold.


K and S had more stamina. Snow fort in progress...


sleds and a very large snowball...


...they were outside until after dark sledding.

And to change the subject completely...


a quick update on the top-down raglan sweater. This poor sweater has been patiently waiting in my knitting bag while I have been cheating on it, working on other projects. My knitting machine has been distracting me with the promise of quick finishing. Other smaller hand knitted items have also drawn me away. However, I gave the sweater the attention it deserved yesterday and finished both sleeves down to the wrist. At the moment, both sleeves and the hem are on my Denise cables, waiting for the size 6 needle tips to come out and play. Then I can knit the hems. As for the neckband, I haven't decided what it's going to look like yet. I may have to get that Viking knitting pattern book from the library again - I like the idea of a horizontal cable.

The sleeves unfortunately don't quite match each other - I didn't double check that I was starting with the same section of colour when I started at the underarms, so the stripes are slightly off. However I do not intend to do anything about it!

1 comment:

Louise said...

We don't get snow like that in England do we? We haven't had any yet, not that I really mind, I hate driving in it, we are not prepared for that sort of thing, this country comes to a standstill when even the smallest amount falls. Shame about the unmatching arm on THE jumper, are you sure you don't want to unpick it and start all over again? x