Thursday 31 July 2008

Oopsie Daisy

Well, there I was deadheading my daisies and so pleased that I was actually keeping up with them for a change. (my lawn and many garden beds - including my veg. beds - are littered with daisy plants because I don't usually get around to deadheading before they go to seed)I was chattering with the boys and heard a sort of loud *snip*, the kind that seemed louder than a thin daisy stem would make, when I noticed that I had inadvertently cut right through that single lovely day lily I had just posted about. Oopsie daisy is right. Oh well, there must be some sort of garden lesson in even that...something along the lines of enjoy the beauty each day offers...because some silly woman might come along and snip it off just when it is at the peak of its bloom??? Or something like that.Be afraid my pretties...be very afraid. ;-)

1 comment:

this is my patch said...

I get up to this sort of thing. Another trick of mine is to trample or topple on a plant. Once I knocked down my one and only prized delphinium stem and more recently broke off a head of beautiful iris, long before it had finished blooming. It takes me a long time to get over it, every time! x