Wednesday 5 November 2008

Back to School U neck vest is done!!

Yesterday I finally finished my back to school u neck vest from the Fitted Knits book. I wanted to look back to see how long it actually did take me and found my blog post dated Nov. 13 2007. So...it didn't quite take a year. ;-) This has been quite a year for me - there hasn't been a lot of knitting or crafting time until recently and it was with a real sense of gratitude that I finished off this vest. I am so pleased to have time and energy to devote to handcrafting again.

Somehow it seems that all of a sudden it is November and I am realizing that I would like to get going on making gifts for our family for the upcoming holiday season. I don't want to leave everything until the last minute...I want to enjoy the process. I'll have to put my thinking cap on (or browse some blogs) to come up with some new gift ideas, my family is all stocked up on felted slippers (my favourite thing to make the last two years). I know what I am making for E thanks to Knitting Iris' post about knitted chainmail. Many people will be getting handmade shopping bags - produce bags and big shopping totes - made out of re-purposed fabric. Hmmm, I guess it is time to get going on some projects and see what other ideas we can come across.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

That looks great Heather! A year is nothing - I've been working on my sock for well over a year (the one that has been stuffed in the back of the drawer since February ;-)

Katherine said...

Your vest turned out beautiful, Heather! Perfect timing, too as cool weather is ahead, so you will get lots of use from it.