Monday 15 December 2008

A brief introduction!

I realized after I just jumped in and added a new post to this blog, that some of you reading this won't know who I am. I thought that maybe a quick introduction is necessary so here goes! My name is Jacqueline and I know Heather, Katherine and Samantha through our homelearning community. I was absolutely delighted when they invited me to join them on this blog. Blogging is something that's been on my "To Do" list for years, so it's fun to be getting my feet wet with some good friends!

I'm a mama to 3 beautiful kids - a 7 year old daughter, and boy/girl twins who will be 2 in April. I'm also blessed to have in my life and in my house; my loving, supportive husband of 9 years (also a great dad) and our live-in nanny from Peru. She is my angel and my sanity saver. She's also given us the gift of Spanish in our home. My oldest daughter has learned an incredible amount of Spanish in the past 11 months, and my babes understand English and Spanish equally well.... such a gift.

Some of my interests include (but are not limited to!) natural parenting, natural living and health, crafting - specifically sewing and felting right now, gardening, and living simply.

If you were to peek into our life at any given moment, you might find us :

* reading (likely something to do with pioneers and Little House on the Prairie)
* working with some delicious fabics in my sewing area
* playing on the floor with babies
* baking bread or cookies, or something else that's yummy!
* cleaning up the never ending messes that come with just living!
* working with felt or wool roving, doing puzzles, drawing, beading
* getting a baby to sleep - sometimes it feels like that's all we do!

I'll leave it at that as we'll get better aquainted as time goes on. I look forward to this new adventure of blogging and to sharing it with you!

2 comments:

Mary-Sue said...

I think it's necessary for you to mention that you have a nanny, otherwise people might stop reading this blog -- too discouraged at what you manage to get done in a day with 3 little kids!!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for pointing that out Mary-Sue! I've edited the post.