Monday 15 January 2007

Walk away from knitting goofs

My girlfriends already know that yesterday was a rough one for me. They know I screwed up my latest knitting project (which was just one of many crappy things awaiting for me during the day). Which is a big deal for someone rather new to knitting. My previous projects have all been felted ones so gauge wasn't an issue. Okay, lesson learned, I will knit a gauge swatch first next time...sigh The beautiful beret will make a nice gift for someone's daughter even though I'd intended it for my own noggin. To salve my disappointment, I dropped the needles and spent some quality time with my sewing machine. I'm pleased to say that this project panned out and my oldest son will no longer have to wear the pj pants that were 4" too short for him (maybe now he will part with them so his younger brother can use them...) Hmmm... I guess I'm not setting a good example for Samantha and her UFO to-do list as I walk away from unfinished (read messed up) projects and go find another to do ;o) Hope that whole to-do list thing really works out for you, Samantha.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Congrats on your first post, Katherine!

Samantha said...

When a knitted project doesn't turn out the way you hoped, you must remember your options...
#1. Throw it across the room. Blame your husband. Eat chocolate.
#2. Hide it. Forget it ever existed.
#3. Slip it into Nicola's knitting bag. She can fix anything!