Tuesday 5 June 2007

Heatwave is over

These pictures were taken from my back deck yesterday. Just two days ago, we logged a maximum temperature of 38 degrees and I had set up the sprinkler in the backyard in the evening so that the boys and I could try and cool off. Yesterday the clouds came over and the rain fell - and fell - and fell. It's falling again today. It's wonderful. Everything looks so green. The temperature has fallen to a more comfortable level.


When the temperature is in the thirties celsius, it's too hot to use the trampoline!


Our garden is benefiting from this lifegiving rain.


Can you see the water pouring off the roof? And in the background, there should be a mountain, but it's obscured by clouds. Can you tell that we don't get a lot of summer rain here and that, when we do, it's very much appreciated?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice. My long-haired dog is appreciating the respite too.

Katherine said...

Loving the rain.... ahhhh... we so needed this! The only downside to this colder, rainy weather is that I'm regretting packing my flannel sheets up. It was getting too hot with the winter bedding, but now I'm too cold in the regular bedding. The flannel is going back on the bed until the hot temps. return!!!!