Saturday 11 August 2007

Smokey the bear meets a bear.



We had just arrived at the lake when my mom went to show me the baby pheasants. All of a sudden Smokey (my dog) went running towards them. I saw them fly up in the air and at the same time a white rabbit went running across the yard. I thought Smokey was chasing the bunny and went running after him when I noticed, what I thought was, a big black dog and realized Smokey was going towards it not the bunny or the pheasants. I didn't recognise the dog so called Smokey back to me. Turns out that it wasn't a dog at all but a very curious bear. We saw him a few times over the next few days, at one point he sat 20 feet away from the deck and watched W and I watching him. The pics above are of him running after my dad had shot a bear banger towards him to scare him off.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Oooh, how exciting. Wish I'd been there.